Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The most wonderful time...


Christmas Day...  I love the anticipation (must be the kid in me).  I get absolutely exhausted from the preperation (I really do need to start earlier and get more organized!).  I sometimes stress about the giving (making sure I have it right, didn't forget anyone, did enough, etc.) and always am in awesome wonder at the receiving (we are so blessed!).  I'm always excited at the first sight of the Christmas decorations and how they look perfectly pretty when you first put them up, but always wonder how they can look so sad, tired, and cluttered the day after Christmas and can't wait to get things cleaned up and back in order.  Yet, I still cry every year I take the tree down.  Go figure!  It's still my absolute most favorite time of year (cold weather and all!)
We had a great Christmas this year.  Santa was very good to us... no doubt more than we deserved.  A highlight of our day was the phone call from Lance.  We were able to talk for almost an hour and a half.  He's doing great and tells everyone hello.  He said he really is having the best two years of his life.  It was awesome to be able to hear his voice and talk to him, even though Mom probably got a little too emotional at the end (oh my stars it was hard to hang up that phone!)  But what a blessing it is to have a missionary out in the field and there's no place we'd rather have him be.
A big thanks to all of you who helped to make our Christmas so special this year.  We are truly blessed and are thankful for all your love and friendship.
Here's some pictures from our Christmas 2009!!!


Tanner made the kids beanies this year and was WAY proud of his accomplishments!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment