Monday, October 11, 2010

"Mommy-gram" Day!

So if you haven't heard yet, it's Breast Cancer Awareness month.  We take this pretty seriously in our family after having a few friends and family brave the battle, losing my Aunt Lila, and going through my own little scare with a lumpectomy a few years ago (happy 40th birthday to me).  Lucky me now gets to have a Mammogram every year!  Yeah!  Nicki came up with the term "Mommy-gram" (among many other phrases and jokes which we won't go into right now.  Let's just say between both our sense of humors and quick wit we took this topic on for days!)

So here's a gentle nudge for all you mommies and non-mommies alike....no matter what your age.....to get those "girls" checked out.  If you're not over 40, get a breast exam.  If you ARE over 40 then get your hiney in there and get your mommy-gram!  If I can do it, so can you.  And it's not half as bad as you think it is.  AND you can take yourself out for a little treat or for a happy present afterward!  With that said, off I go for my appointment.  And I'll be thinking the whole time what my reward should be when I'm all done!  Hmmm.....food or shoes....food or shoes???

No comments:

Post a Comment