Monday, February 22, 2010

Go Team U.S.A.!

Go team U.S.A.!  How amazing is it that we get to witness history being made pretty near to our own backyard? (relatively speaking!)  We've enjoyed watching the coverage of the Olympics this last week.  And with the basketball season ended it's given us something to occupy all that free time with.  (I forget how much of our time basketball season takes up until it's over.)  I'm amazed at the abilities and strength of these athletes.  I've always wished I could be athletic! Unlike my superstar husband (yes honey, I hold bragging rights  :),  I wasn't blessed with ANY athletic ability but always wished I had even the tiniest sliver.  I do, however, enjoy being a semi-professional spectator! (If only I could get paid for watching sports!!)  I'm also amazed at the dedication, determination, and sacrifices of  these athletes and their families.  The stories we've seen and heard have been inspirational to say the least.  What a truly uplifting experience and a great way to spend some quality family time during these last (hopefully last!) few chilly evenings of winter!  Thanks Team U.S.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment