Monday, February 8, 2010

LOVE = T.I.M.E


I read a quote this morning; it went something like this, "How do you spell LOVE to your children?  T. I. M. E."  I thought a lot about that this morning.  Am I spending "time" with my children?  Real time? Am I spending enough time?  How am I spending that time?  Am I wasting that time?  Am I making the most of that time?  Do my children enjoy that time?  Will there always be more time?  I hope I'm making the most of that time...and continue to make the most of that time even when they've grown and gone and we have little ones running around that call us "Gramma" and "Gumpy" (yes, that's what we want to be called by our grandkids.  And hey, at our age you start to think about those things!).  I want to make the most of that time too.  I never want to miss out on a chance to spend time together when our children are grown either.  Even if all we can fit in between our busy lives and theirs is an afternoon here and there.   I feel sad for those who don't take that time.  Do they realize what they're missing?  I love being a mom.  I want to be the best mom I can be.  And when the time comes, I want to be the best gramma I can be.  (I had a terrific example of a gramma and have a lot to live up to!) I've enjoyed the time so far, even though I may not have always used it wisely.  You know those commercials that make you all teary eyed that say, "Family....It's about...TIME"?  Well, they couldn't be more true.  Think about it...It really is about T.I.M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment