Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Welcome Home!

The kids are back!  They had a great time and we can't wait to see all the pictures they took.  I think "Nerm" had the best time by far.  He said his favorite thing was the beach....anything that has to do with the beach.  And snorkeling - he absolutely LOVED snorkeling.  "Bruce" and "Rosie" had a great time, but I think Bruce got a little homesick and Rosie was having major friend withdrawal (not to mention she was without her phone all week!)  Bruce made friends with a few geckos (lol not his favorite thing in the world).  Poor Nicki came down with what sounded like strep so that wasn't too much fun, but she was still able to have a good time.  And tan!  Dang that girl can bronze like no one else!  It was a little long to be away from home but all in all they had a great time.  And I have to admit Den and I enjoyed our time alone.  This was the first time in years that I didn't get a little sad and lonely when the kids were gone!  (And I LOVED that the house stayed CLEAN!  All I had to do for nearly 2 weeks was dust!)  We had to cancel our big biking trip due to bad weather.  I think it rained 8 out of the 11 days that the kids were gone.  That put a damper on our vacation - LITERALLY - but we still enjoyed our time together.  We'll just have to plan another week when we can get away for a while.  Definitely looking forward to it!  And now it's time to get this summer going over here.  And I'm going to start by getting these guys out of bed!  hahaha  Jet lag?  Nah!!!!!  Besides I'm pretty sure they're expecting it this morning and I'd hate to disappoint them  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment