Monday, August 24, 2009

School Days! School Days!


Was it just me or did summer just fly by way too fast?!  I can't believe the first day of school is already here!  With backpacks loaded, lunches packed, and mom's traditional first day of school pictures taken, they one-by-one headed out the door.  Ready or not, they shall be taught!  I usually love the first day of school and have ever since I was a little kid.  But today for some reason I'm feeling a little sad about it.  Maybe it's the fact that summer seemed to zoom by this year, or the fact that Lance is on a mission and Jordan is starting her first day of college today. And I can't believe Nicki is a junior this year, Hunter is a freshman, and Tanner is a 4th grader!  And maybe it's just the light rain outside (yes, can you believe rain on the first day of school, which right at this moment is no longer on the light side!  Kind of nice though).  Whatever the reason, I'm feeling a little nostalgic today.  Maybe that's called old age!  I can remember every first day of school since Lance started preschool.  I always feel a few nervous butterflies for the kids on their first day.  Since they won't admit to having them I always tell them I have enough butterflies for all of us!  I do the typical worried mom thing and worry about them making new friends, finding their way, doing well in school, and not eating lunch by themselves if their friends don't have lunch the same period.  And you know what, with all that worrying every year it always ends up just fine!  I can't wait for them to come home this afternoon and hear about their day, or read Lance's email, or get Jordan's phone call this evening.  And I hope they all started out their day knowing how much we love them and how proud we are of each and every one.  Yep, we are definitely blessed to have the greatest kids in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment