Monday, May 24, 2010

Elder Yancey Returns with Honor!!!

Elder Yancey returned home from his mission in Spokane, WA on Monday.  He was serving in the same mission as "Elder Lance".  It was so great to see him.  He lives just two doors down from us.  He came running over to the car that afternoon when I was leaving to get "Nerm" from school.  The first thing he did was tell me how he had tried to see "Elder Lance" before he left but didn't get the chance.  But he wanted me to know that he was doing great!  We brought some cookies over to Elder Yancey later that night to welcome him home.  Every time he started telling us about Spokane or his mission it seemed to tie in somehow with Lance.  Then each question we asked him about Lance had the same answer, "He's a stud!"  LOL...I'm starting to believe there's some kind of "Elder Bro Code" that they aren't about to break!

It was great to hear Elder Yancey speak on Sunday.  It's amazing to me how these Elders leave as such young boys and come home as men.  They grow so much in so many different ways.  The only problem is I've looked at this picture of the both of them serving together for so long (it sits on the table in the living room) that I almost fully expected to see Elder Lance standing somewhere close by through the whole meeting!  LOL  Then when Elder Yancey and his family walked in to Sunday School a little late, it totally threw me off my lesson for a second.  And then they sat right in the front row.  Talk about a distraction!  But part of my lesson was on the "stakes" we need to help support us so we continue to grow straight and strong in the gospel.  The four stakes I talked about were righteous parents, faith in God, covenants, and....righteous friends.  I could not look out over that group of people without seeing Elder Yancey BEAMING in the front row and not think about how grateful I am that Lance had friends like that to help support him a long the way.  Not only that, but to be able to serve right along with him in the same mission!  What a blessing!

Elder Yancey, we want you to know that we think YOU'RE the stud!!!  Thanks for being that friend a friend would want to have.  And WELCOME HOME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment