Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom's "Me" Time

LDS Bountiful Temple
With a hectic week of getting the kids back to school (and a few unexpected stresses that have come with that) and getting our home back into somewhat of a daily routine, I felt I needed a little "me" time.  Then came the question, "what, exactly, to do with this "me" time?"  Some options that came to mind were start my new book, pedicure (yes, sad to admit but its the end of summer and I've yet to get my tootsies sandal wear ready), lunch with a friend, or a little "happy present" shopping (that idea was short lived when I reminded myself just how costly it was to get the kids all in school...no "happy presents" for mom this month!)  As I was laying in bed contemplating the organization of the new day that would soon be rising, I had an overwhelming desire to go to the temple.  A desire to feel the peace, comfort, and tranquility that only the temple can bring.  And at the same time to feel that rejuvination of life that I feel after attending the temple.  There is something about walking out those temple doors and feeling like you can accomplish any task put before you.  It makes me feel that no matter what trials are placed before me, what worries and concerns I have, what personal limitations and flaws I feel, it all will be a little better and easier to cope with.  So, it was pretty much decided, that's how I wanted to spend my "me" time.  And I wasn't at all disappointed.  It was made even more special by being able to attend with a friend (thanks Coleen!) and seeing some of our neighbors there as well.  It seems I wasn't the only mom that needed a little something extra special that day.

I'm thankful for the temple and the blessings it brings to my life.  I'm thankful for the comfort that attending the temple brings and for the spirit that is felt there.  I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that loves me, and knows me, and knows just what I need and when I need it.

So, if you need a little extra pick me up this week and you have a little "free" time, I can't recommend a better way to spend it than a visit to the temple.  Even if you just walk around the temple grounds for a little while, I promise you you'll go away with a little skip in your step, a smile on your face, and a peace in your heart.  And who can't use that every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment