Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Elder Ririe Hits His 18 Month Mark!!!

***********B R E A K I N G    N E W S***********
September 4th marked Elder "Bud's" 18 months.  Only 6 more months to go!  And we had a surprise Sunday morning.  We woke up to an email from Sis. Lewis and family (the family that he's staying with this transfer) AND a video!!!  It was a video of Elder "Bud" burning a pair of pants to mark his momentous 18 months out in the mission field!  It was great to see him.  They were having a great time!  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see his smile and hear his laugh.  How I miss that laugh!!!  Sis. Lewis also sent me a second email this morning to assure me that the blazing pants actually belonged to an elder that had left them behind.  She didn't want me to be in the dark and think that they actually belonged to Elder "Bud".  Thanks Sis. Lewis!!!  LOL...it must be a mom thing.  How did she know I was worried he was burning one of his suits!

So, only 6 more months to go!  I have mixed feelings, as I'm sure Lance does as well.  It's been such a fantastic experience to have a missionary out in the field and I hate to see it end, but there's days like today that I'm just ready for him to be home.  I'm sure it has something to do with seeing that smile and hearing that laugh. 

Keep up the good work Bud!  And as always....
Be Safe....Be Good....Be Strong!!!!  We love you!
His awesome apron from the 18th Ward Primary!

No comments:

Post a Comment